Sunday, January 30, 2011

I want better vocabulary

The explanation of Vocabulary
    All the words of a language.
    The sum of words used by, understood by, or at the command of a particular person or group.
    A list of words and often phrases, usually arranged alphabetically and defined or translated; a lexicon or glossary.
    A supply of expressive means; a repertoire of communication.

Read more:
http://www.answers.com/topic/vocabulary#ixzz1Bgimme3r
The meaning of vocabulary in writing
           Vocabulary is the basic tool to write essay. A composition is made up by words. Without those words, we can’t write.
    With good vocabulary, we can write nice essays, can improve knowledge and intellectual.
Vocabulary for me
            English is my second language, as a new learner, we started to learn English is from vocabulary. We were required to read and recite vocabulary everyday. If we can’t remember those words, we can’t read articles, let alone write composition.
 
    When I began to write, I found my vocabulary was limited. Sometimes I know the meaning of this word, but I don’t know how to use it.
    Some words have different meanings, it is called Polysemy. I use some words in wrong ways.

Solutions for better vocabulary
           It is important for us to read articles, newspapers, or other reading journals. It is much better for us  to learn the words by reading. When we read, we can know the use of this word. Only recite vocabulary is not useful enough.
    It not only expands our vocabulary, but also improves the writing skill. 
     Keep writing in daily life. Like some universities, they have the write place or write center, they provide the service of correcting. The more we write, the greater progress we make.

Conclusion
     In a word, keep reciting words by reading and using them more in writing. Based
on the plenty of  vocabulary, I believe we can do well on writing and speaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment